Forty years ago:
- The final issue of The Saturday Evening Post was published.
- Elvis Presley recorded songs like “In the Ghetto” and “Suspicious Minds“.
- Richard Nixon became president.
- The Beatles released Abbey Road and gave their last public performance.
- NASA launched Apollo 9, 10, 11 and 12.
- The first temporary artificial heart was made.
- The first person sailed around the world all by himself without stopping.
- John Lennon recorded “Give Peace A Chance“.
- The first troops are withdrawn from Vietnam.
- The first ATM was installed in NY.
- The Brady Bunch premiered.
- Sesame Street premiered.
- My friend But Why Mommy was born.
Renee, I met you at BlogHer and loved hearing you talk about your daughter. A close friend of mine had adopted from China about the time that you adopted Bunny, and it was fun to compare notes. I am so very exicted that you guys are going to have the opportunity to add another child to your family. There’s nothing sweeter than bringing home a new child.
I hope that you have a happy, happy birthday…and forty more fabulous years!