Yesterday I talked about toys that my kids (and I) love.
Today I’m giving you the rundown on our favorite books.
Board Books(for the littlest littles):
- Goodnight Moon by Margaret Wise Brown
- I Love You Through and Through by Bernadette Rossetti-Shustak
- Ten Chirpy Chicks by Debbie Tarbett
- The Very Hungry Caterpillar by Eric Carle
- Guess How Much I Love You by Sam McBratney
- What Do You Say? and What Do You Do? by Mandy Stanley
(I noticed that she also has one called How Do You Feel? Maybe Santa will bring that one!)
- And of the Mini Masters Books (especially Sharing with Renoir and A Picnic with Monet)
Read-to-Me and Early Reader Books:
- Rolie Polie Olie by William Joyce
- I Love You Stinky Face by Cyd Moore
- Harold and the Purple Crayon by Crockett Johnson
- Hot Rod Hamster by Cynthia Lord
- Princess Pigtoria and the Pea by Pamela Duncan Edwards
- Elmer by David McKee
- You’re All My Favorites by Sam McBratney
- Corduroy by Don Freeman
- Chicka Chicka Boom Boom by Bill Martin, Jr.
- Miss Spider’s Tea Party by David Kirk
- Madeline by Ludwig Bemelmans
- Naughty Little Monkeys by Jim Aylesworth
- Giraffes Can’t Dance by Giles Andreae
- The Wide-Mouthed Frog by Keith Faulkner
- Amelia Bedelia’s First Day of School by Herman Parish
- Miss Nelson is Missing by Harry Allard
- Any of the Llama, Llama books by Anna Dewdney
- Is Your Mama a Llama? by Deborah Guarino
- Click, Clack, Moo: Cows That Type by Doreen Cronin
- Any of the If You Give A Mouse… books by Laura Joffe Numeroff
- Because of Winn Dixie by Kate DiCamillo
- Any of the Ramona Quimby books by Beverly Cleary
- Any of the Flat Stanley books by Jeff Brown
- And of the Magic Tree House books by Mary Pope Osborne
We also have some Judy Moody books, but we haven’t read them yet.
We don’t have any of the Encyclopedia Brown books, but Santa is thinking about checking into those.
I’m hoping to grab Charlotte’s Web, How To Eat Fried Worms and maybe even Pippi Longstocking soon.
I’ve thought about Bridge to Terabithia, but I’m not sure they’re ready for that yet.
I really love kid books. Can you tell?
Have I missed any great books?
All of these links are affiliate links.